Swiss Cheese Porcini Fondue Recipe
Swiss Cheese Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Marsala wine
- 3/4 cup dried wild mushrooms, preferably Italian porcini
- 8 ounces imported Fontina cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Swiss or Emmentaler cheese, grated
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss Cheese Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat 1 cup Marsala wine just to boiling in a small saucepan and pour over the dried mushrooms in a small bowl. Let stand at least 1 hour.
Meanwhile, toss the Fontina and Swiss cheeses lightly with the flour.
Rub a heavy enameled pot or fondue pot with the garlic. Pour in the white wine and heat over medium-low heat until hot. Add the cheese tossed with flour, a handful at a time, stirring constantly and waiting until each addition melts before adding the next. Then stir in the Parmesan.
Drain the mushrooms, squeezing out as much liquid as possible, and chop into fairly fine pieces. Stir the mushrooms, the remaining 2 tablespoons Marsala, and lots of freshly ground black pepper into the fondue.
Serve fondue with assorted breads and sausages for dipping.